1 cup wild rice mixture, cooked and set aside (see picture above)Directions
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2-3 T parsley, chopped
2 T basil, chopped
1 T oregano, chopped (or large handful of whatever herbs you want)
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
4-5 peppers or more (the peppers are between 4-6 inches, on the smaller side) washed, with tops removed and seeds and veins discarded. This should leave you a wide enough hole on top.
1 T olive oil
- Cook wild rice/brown rice blend according to package directions, set aside
- Heat olive oil over saute pan, and once hot, saute onions and garlic until cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and get out a 9" or more deep dish pie plate, coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the wild rice with lemon juice, herbs, feta, and the onions and garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Place the delicious mixture in each pepper and then place the pepper on the pie plate.
- Bake for 35 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes or so.
(I served with some garlic bread, and sauteed swiss chard, pepper remains, and tomatoes).
Chalo apre khayye!