March 31, 2011

Weekly Meal Planner

Do you plan meals? If so, what, why, and how?


I want to introduce you this weekly meal planner. I like planning meals - it means I'll eat well. I was using this guy all the time. I would write small notes on it so I knew to prep extra veggies, or to soak beans, or pull things out of the freezer). It made grocery shopping and meal planning easier tasks. While it saved time, it saved money too because I was able to plan meals around foods I had purchased (reducing food waste, and at times allowing me to increase or double batches of certain foods for meals later in the week).


I'm always looking for creative ways to change things up - including new foods to try.  I have heard from friends that have shared Google docs for meals, freezer contents (sound familiar, Nico?), to friends that meal swap once per week. I have a shared doc for pantry items and cellar contents (we have accumulated a fine collection of Belgian brews).  I want/need an app for telling me what I have at home, what needs replacing, and what we have enough of (to avoid too many bulk purchases) - linked google doc? I'm smartphone-less and dataplan-less, so I'm thinking of something that can be implementable, user-friendly, and cheap. I find the old-fashioned way meets all these needs, and I'm still a sucker for checking out cookbooks, reading through cooking mags, and perusing foodgawker.
P.S. If you end up printing and using this - you can stick it in a binder slip sheet to use with an erasable marker. Just post on the fridge (the originals are laminated, come with an erasable marker, and magnets to go up on the fridge). I'm sorry about the bad paragraph spacing. I don't understand why Blogger's template can be so difficult to type in at times. I just import all my docs over from NeoOffice or Google Docs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment