January 24, 2011

Part 3: Exam results

Today was a typical Belgian day. The sky was overcast and shortly into mid-morning it started to rain. The weather hardly bothers me anymore, in fact, I think it’s weird if it hasn’t rained in a few days.  Exam results were posted today - not online - but posted outside an office. The names on the list were those of us that passed. It was a bit nerve-racking, but I passed!

Honestly today, I did not care either way.  I got a call back for an interview. I sent off four applications last week and today I finally got a call back and more importantly a call back for an interview.  I am stoked. I have been putting so much into the job search effort here, and it seems like nothing ever works out (let alone an email or phone confirmation, it is totally an employer’s market).  Today was def a good day, I passed Level 1 of Dutch and I got myself a job interview.

This certainly calls for a celebration (er rather a toast).  I got two Westvleteren 12’s in the fridge....
.

3 comments:

  1. Is it time yet for that Westvleteren? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? :)

    Congratulations on the results! I really wish Allison and I were there to celebrate with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on both counts, Neeli! Good for you!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete