Got some seedlings out to start off the container garden this year. After reading through many gardening blogs and cooperative extension sites, I decided to dump out all the pots, mix in new potting soil, mix in some compost from my pile, and get started. Here's what I set out:
- Spinach in a window box (from farmer's market)
- Green oak lettuce and butter crunch lettuce (from farmer's market)
- Green onions - White Lisbon
- Red onion - Italian Red of Florence
- Mesclun mix
- Arugula or Roquette
- Radishes - Easter Egg Blend
- Carrots- Touchon
- Carrots - Purple Haze
- Swiss Chard - Bright Lights
- Beets - Early wonder
Started some herbs and flowers from seeds for other pots as well and will put these out in late May. Started Gazanias, Classic Zinnias, and some Blue Alpine Aster with various herbs that I had saved from last year.
Pictures coming soon...