September 21, 2008
Egg Noodles "Scampi"
I love the flavor combinations of parsley, lemon and garlic. Here is a vegetarianized version that could be a one dish meal.
2 cups egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
4 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup tempeh, cubed
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup peas, frozen
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsely, chopped
1/2 lemon or 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1. Cook egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in wide skillet over medium high heat, once hot, add in garlic until fragrant.
3. Add tempeh, continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add zucchini and peas.
5. Cook 5-8 more minutes, or until soft and bright green.
6. Turn off heat, top with parsley and lemon juice, and add in egg noodles.
7. Toss well and serve.
You could also use butter instead of olive oil and add in white wine to thicken the sauce a bit. I think this took about 20-30 minutes.